There are millions of children and young people around the world without the protection of parental care. These children are the most vulnerable and marginalized group in society. There are millions of people worldwide who are forced into bondage, married as a child brides, abused at home, trafficked for the sex trade, forced labor and other illegal purposes, and one in five of them are children.
Recent statistics show that around the world, there are:
- 39 million orphans (or 12.3 % of 0-15 year olds),
- 16 million of whom orphaned by AIDS (28% of all orphans)
- 7 million double orphans (both parents have died), 5 million of whom due to AIDS
- 3 million 0-14 year old children live with HIV/AIDS
- 120,000 child soldiers
- 27 million in the street
- More than two million children are involved in hazardous work as domestic servants or in mining etc.
“Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.” – Psalm 82:3-4 (NIV)
ImpactHope is committed to bring hope, healing, and a brighter future to children. We want to create safe places for them to heal, learn, and grow. We want to protect and defend them from those who seek to take advantage of their innocence. We invite you to join us to keep children safe, to protect the most vulnerable and help the exploited heal, and to bring them the good news of Jesus. Your gift will help strengthen communities to protect children and offer them healing and restoration.